Modine Garage Heater Troubleshooting & How to Guide
There are many various types of heaters in the market, but most are electric. When the garage heaters have some issues, you should know how to troubleshoot them. The skill helps you solve various problems and save some money if you could have called a technician. Again, you can help prevent an incident that could have occurred if the equipment functioned while in a faulty state.
Modine Heater Burners Won’t Light
- Defective valve- replace the valve.
- There are loose wiring connections- check the wiring to the gas valve
- Faulty pilot sensor- replace the sensor
- Faulty ignition controller – replace the controller.
- Improper thermostat wiring- verifying the wiring using the wiring diagram
Modine Heater Fan not Coming On
Start by checking the switch to confirm that it works. The blades could be obstructed, or the motor might have burned out. If this two are okay, check the current flow with an ohmmeter. If the current is reaching the motor, but the fan won’t work, replace the motor.
Check this too: Raynor Garage Door Opener How to & Troubleshooting Guide
How Do You Light the Pilot on a Modine Heater?
Open the oven door and find the pilot light opening at the bottom of the oven. Spin the gas controller on the gas valve to the pilot setting, press it inside and hold it. Light the pilot while holding the gas knob. Later release the gas knob and turn it to the on position. The pilot may take some time to light if it has been out for a long time.
Modine Garage Heater Pilot Light Won’t Stay On
The pilot light may fail to stay on due to the following;
- Clogged pilot orifice- check if the pilot orifice is clogged or pilot line and clean it.
- If there are leaks around pilot fittings- have the leaks corrected to prevent the thermocouple from becoming inoperative.
- Loose wiring connections- check if there are any and make the pilot connections tight.
- Gas availability is fluctuating- ensure there is proper pressure with all the operating units.
- A draft is blowing out the pilot- check for any excessive drafts especially if you don’t have a draught proof garage door.
Why is My Modine Garage Heater Blowing Cold Air
A heater blowing out cold air could be due to the following reasons;
- The manual reset has tripped.
- The thermostat setting is lower than the actual temperature.
- Fan disseminates the air after the shutdown.
- Having loose wiring connections in the elements
- The heater element may be defective
How to Reset a Modine Heater
Though some lockout automatically after one hour, you can reset it manually. Remove the power from the control for more than one second or remove the thermostat call for heat for more than one second to less than 20 seconds.
Check this too: How to Hide Water Heater in the Garage
Modine Garage Heater Cleaning & Maintenance Tips
- Remember always to turn off the power and set the thermostat to the lowest setting before any maintenance activity.
- Have a routine of cleaning and dusting the heater
- Remove the dust from the fan blades
- Avoid oiling the motors on the heater as they are permanently lubricated at the factory.
- Before any heating season, always have a qualified technician examine the heater and vent system.