What Garage Door Openers Work with Ring?
Being able to control your garage door opener virtually is a game change. However, being able to use access it remotely makes it even more convenient. Especially if you need to let someone in while at work or on vacation.
Keep reading to learn what garage door openers work with Ring and how to link them.
What Garage Door Openers Work with Ring?
At the moment, the Ring Alarm Security System only works with Chamberlain myQ smart garage door openers. These include; Chamberlain Next-Gen Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Chamberlain Ultra-quiet belt drive Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, and Chamberlain Smart Garage Control.
The LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control allows you to make your garage door part of your smart, connected home with open/close alerts and schedules.
How to link Ring to your Chamberlain Garage Door Opener
Follow these steps to coonect RIng to your garage door opener;
Download product manuals:
Download the MyQ Smart Garage Hub for Android
Download the MyQ Smart Garage Hub for iOS
Setting up your LiftMaster MyQ Smart Garage Control
Before you begin, make sure that your router is set up and you have a wifi network in your home. Click here for eero router setup.
You’ll also need your wifi network and password for the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control setup.
To set up your LiftMaster MyQ Smart Garage Control:
- Your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control and Door Sensor should be set up in your garage. Check your myQ product manual and make sure that you can identify each device.
- Before you begin, you should test the wifi signal strength in your garage. If you don’t have any wifi signal, you can:
- Move your eero router (or other router) closer to the garage to minimize interference from walls and other objects.
- Pull the battery tab from the door sensor to activate the battery (if it hasn’t already been removed). You can press the test button to confirm that the LED on the door sensor blinks.
- Open the myQ App and set up your account. Click here to learn more. (You’ll need to confirm your account registration by clicking a link in your email. Check that the email is not in your Junk or Spam folder).
- Plug in your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control. If blue LED is not blinking:
- Unplug and plug back in.
- If the blue LED still does not blink, reset to factory default:
- Press and hold the Settings button until the blue LED blinks (about 10 seconds) then release.
- Press and hold the Settings button again until the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control beeps.
- Important Note: Resetting the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to factory default erases the Wi-Fi settings, erases door sensors, and removes the MyQ Smart Garage Hub from the currently paired myQ account.
- Log into the MyQ App. Follow the directions in the print or downloaded MyQ setup manual. You’ll add the discovered device to your wireless network using your wifi network name and password.
- Add your garage door opener using the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control manual directions. (These directions may vary depending on your specific garage door opener.)
- You will be asked to include the specific brand or model of garage door opener. Make sure you have that information accessible.
- Follow the pairing steps by pressing and releasing the Learn button on you garage door opener. You may have to stand on a ladder to do this.
- As you complete the steps in the app, the garage door should move.
- Your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control should be installed on the ceiling. If it’s not, click here for installation instructions.
Note: Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the myQ App from the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
CAUTION: When standing on a ladder, please use extra caution to minimize the risk of falling. Make sure that the ladder is on solid ground.
Linking LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to the Ring app
To add your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap on the menu.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap Set up a device.
- Scroll down and tap Garage Door Openers.
- On the Add myQ to your Shortcuts screen, tap Begin Setup.
- Follow the steps to link your Amazon and Ring accounts.
- Follow the steps to link your Amazon and myQ accounts.
- Now, you’ll have a new tile on your Ring app dashboard linking to the myQ app to monitor and manage your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control.
Note: Make the most of your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control by enabling Amazon Key In-Garage Delivery after device setup in the myQ app.